für Tenor- und Bassposaune
vom 04. - 06. März 2019 an der Hochschule für Musik Detmold
Anyone up to the age of 30, or in other words anyone born after 5 March 1989, is welcome to participate. Exception: Former winners cannot participate again.
The deadline for registration is 31 January 2019 at the latest.
The number of participants is limited. When the maximum number of participants is reached, the registration will be obviously closed on the website.
Internet information online and registration: www.ipf2019.de/en/competition.html
Two first prizes will be awarded:
- One first prize in the tenor trombone category
- One first prize in the bass trombone category
The winners will each receive:
- a solo appearance at the IPV Symposium 2020 and possibly other solo engagements by the IPV
- a new trombone.
In the category tenor trombone: a tenor trombone (Conn-Selmer - Conn)
In the category bass trombone: a bass trombone (Yamaha)
Jiggs Whigham (President, USA, D)
Chris Houlding (GB, D)
Jacques Mauger (F, CH)
Jamie Williams, (USA, D)
Christian Sprenger (D)
Vincenzo Paratore (I)
Csaba Wagner Basspos. (H)
Tomer Maschkowski Basspos. (D)
The pieces in the categories:
A) Category tenor trombone:
Eugène Bozza - Ballade
2. Round: three pieces:
- Frank Martin - Ballade or Paul Hindemith - Sonate
- Enrique Crespo - Improvsation Nr. 1 or Folke Rabe - Basta or Vincent Persichetti - Parable XVIII for Trombone solo
- Joseph Jongen - Aria et Polonaise or Guy Ropartz - Piéce en Mi Bémol
Nino Rota - Concert for Trombone or Eric Ewazen - Sonata for Trombone and Piano
B) Category bass trombone:
Ernst Sachse - Concertino in F-Dur
2. Round: two pieces:
- Alexander Lebedev, Concerto In One Movement (obligatory piece)
- Frigyes Hidas - Meditation or Johann Sebastian Bach - Suite No. 2 for Cello, 1. Prélude
Eugéne Bozza - New Orleans
Registration deadline: 31 January 2019
Internet information and registration: www.ipf2019.de/competition.html
Participation fee: 90 €
All participants must be members of the Internationale Posaunenvereinigung e.V. (IPV)
(Students 28 €, regular member 58 €)
You can join the IPV online by filling in the registration form for the competition.
Both fees, membership fee and participation fee, must be received on the account of IPV e.V. by 31 January 2019 (incl.). The participation fee will not be refunded in any case.
To the >>Online registration (soon open)
IBAN: DE14 4015 4530 0035 4239 12
The mission of this competition is to support trombonists by offering solo performance opportunities.
The jury has the right to choose more than one winner or no winner for each age category.